There were almost 100,000 car accident incidents in Florida in just the first quarter of 2019. Over 55,000 people suffered injuries as a result of those traffic incidents. Sadly, almost 1000 people have lost their lives in those crashes. These are scary statistics, and if you were one of them, King Law would like to help you as your car accident attorney in Fort Myers.
Recovering from a car accident is a multi-layered journey. You may have physical injuries that need regular medical attention, a job that you’re unable to do because of your injuries and bills that you cannot pay in the aftermath of it all. You might suffer emotionally and mentally from this sort of trauma which complicates your recovery further.
In this article, we are going to discuss the ways that you can position yourself for a successful car accident case. With the help of your Fort Myers car accident lawyer, you have options and can get the compensation you need to make a recovery.
Building a Strong Car Accident Case
No matter if your injuries or damages are significant or minor in scope, you have legal recourse for your car accident event. While Florida is a no-fault state, your case will still need legal guidance to ensure your insurance company provides you the appropriate compensation. Here are some ways to build a strong car accident claim.
- Hire an Experienced Fort Myers Car Accident Law Firm – One of the best decisions you can make is hiring a law firm with significant experience in car accident law. Not all car accidents will need a lawyer, but if you are in any doubt, you should seek a consultation with one to see if you have a good or promising case.
- Collect Evidence – A lawyer can help you collect specific evidence for your circumstances, but in general, here are a few things you will want to obtain. The crash police report. This report will be helpful as a third-party assessment of your car accident event. Other evidence includes photos of the crash site, pictures or video of the damages to your vehicle, photos of the surrounding area, photos and contact information of witnesses, images of your injuries, the vehicle damage report, and medical records.
- Only Speak with Your Attorney – Other parties may try to get you to talk to them about your accident, including providing statements as to what happened to the insurance company. Before you do that, make sure you speak with your attorney so you do not mention something (or cast doubt about your claim) that can jeopardize your case.
- Keep and Attend Appointments – You will want to go to all of your doctor appointments, therapy sessions, and legal meetings, so the insurance company knows that you are tending to your health and are serious about your claim.
- Filter Your Online Presence – Insurance companies will look everywhere to disprove your claim, yes, even your own insurance company. Watch what websites you interact on, especially social media. If you place doubt in the mind of an insurance adjuster by badmouthing your insurer or letting everyone know you’re going to the local mud run, they may not believe you’re as injured as you claim to be. This is even if you don’t participate. When in doubt, stay off social media.
Now that you know some of the elements that will help you build a strong car accident claim; let’s discuss how working with a lawyer can change the outcome of your case.
Explain the Law – An experienced attorney can interpret the complicated legal jargon associated with car accident laws. This is especially helpful when you’re unsure how to use it in favor of your claim. Factors like the statute of limitations, negligence laws, and how to file the suit in court are just some of the things a lawyer will do for you.
Decode Your Insurance Policy – Have you read your whole insurance policy? Many people don’t because it’s written purposely to be confusing. Your car accident lawyer will know how to decode this policy and use it to help build you a strong case.
A Comprehensive View of Your Case – Your attorney’s job is to see what is not visible or apparent and use that to build a compelling case. This is especially helpful if the evidence isn’t painting a clear enough picture to convince the insurance company to settle with you.
A Strong Evaluation of Your Damages – Often, people are unaware of how a car accident can financially impact their lives. They see a medical bill or their lost wages and that is all they seek from their settlement. A competent Fort Myers car accident lawyer will uncover all the other ways your finances are affected. Such as, wages that will be lost in the future due to medical complications and the pain and suffering you’ve endured as a result of the accident.
Communicator and Negotiator – When you come to the table with an attorney, your insurance company will automatically treat you differently and with more seriousness. Your attorney will be working on your behalf and will be able to communicate and negotiate those needs clearly.
Courtroom Representation – Most car accident cases are settled out of court, but if your case can’t be negotiated, you may end up in a trial situation. If this happens to you, King Law will be at your side. As your car accident lawyer Fort Myers car accident attorney, we will represent you in court, so your voice is heard.
Are you ready to move forward with your car accident claim? King law is here to help. Please call us today or send us a message so we can set up an appointment with you.